Balmoral Swim for Cancer
WHY CHOOSE THIS SWIM?
The Balmoral Swim for Cancer has been running since 1990 and has been organised since 2005 by the Balmoral Beach Club. The swim raises funds for the CCIA which is the only independent medical research institute in Australia dedicated to research into the causes, better treatment, prevention, and cure of childhood cancer.
Balmoral is a gorgeous spot for an ocean swim. It is a harbour swim and thus protected from surf conditions making for a nice calm swim on most days.
There are a variety events available to take part in, so there really is something for everyone.
On the day registrations available prior to 9.30am.
WHAT DISTANCES ARE AVAILABLE?
- 200m Junior Swim
- 200m Dash for Cash
- 1km – Round the Island
- 5km – Around the Bay
- HMAS Penguin Sheild Relay – (4 x 150m)
- Schools Relay – Teams – (4 x 150m)
WHAT ARE THE COURSES?
- 1km – starting in front of the Pavillion, out round Rocky Point and finishing at Balmoral Beach
- 5km – starting in front of the Pavillion, out passed Rocky Point, a circuit loop repeated 4 times before finishing on Balmoral Beach.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE?
- 200m Junior Swim – under 12 years
- 1km – 12 years
- 5km – 15 years
Are you looking for a social swim? Check out our social swim calendar