Cooly Classic Ocean Swim
WHY CHOOSE THIS SWIM?
Attracting swimmers from all over Australia, The Cooly Classic Ocean Swim offers a rare opportunity to swimmers to master three of Australia’s most admired surf breaks – Kirra, Coolangatta and Snapper Rocks.
This is the 10h anniversary of the swim and as a result World Series Swim have added a new event to the program – a 5km ocean swim.
With a variety of distances to choose from, this popular event has something for everyone and is considered by many as one of the best swims on the calendar.
WHAT DISTANCES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Junior Giants – 300m & 1km
- Cooly 1000 – 1km
- Classic Cooly – 2km
- Cooly 3.0 – 3km
WHAT ARE THE COURSES?
- 1km – a point to point swim Starting at Coolangatta and ending at Kirra. This is perfect for those new to ocean swimming.
- 2km – a point to point swim starting at Snapper Rocks surf break and then following the coast past Rainbow Bay, Greenmount and Coolangatta before exiting at Kirra Beach.
- 3km – follows the same course as the classic with an additonal 1km loop added on.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE?
- 300m Junior Giants – 8 years
- 1000m Junior Giants – 10 years
- 1000m Short Course – 10 years
- 2km Long Course – 12 years
- 3km Marathon Course – 12 years
Are you looking for a social swim? Check out our social swim calendar here.