Crater Lake Classic – Lake Barrine
WHY CHOOSE THIS SWIM?
The Crater Lake Classic is an open water swim located at Lake Barrine in the stunning Atherton Tablelands. Offering three distances to choose from, the event appeals to beginners and experienced swimmers alike. Organised by the Cairns Mudcrabs Masters Swimming Club, this is a fantastic event to be part of.
WHAT DISTANCES ARE AVAILABLE?
- 1km (1 hour cut off time)
- 1.9km ( 1 hour cut off time)
- 3.8km (2 hour cut of time)
Online entry closes on Wednesday 22nd May at 12 noon. Press the ENTER button at the top of this page to enter.
Check-In & On-the-day registration available on the ground floor of the Lake Barrine Teahouse between 7am and 8am. All swimmers will receive a race pack containing compulsory swim cap that must be worn during the swim.
- $40 ($30 MSA club member)
- $50 ($40 MSA club member)
(MSA – Masters Swimming Australia).
WHAT ARE THE COURSES?
- Starting and finishing in the water, one (1) lap of a marked circuit course in a clockwise direction.
- Starting and finishing in the water, two (2) laps of a marked circuit course in a clockwise direction.
- Starting and finishing in the water, four (4) laps of a marked circuit course in a clockwise direction.
(Organisers may be forced to change the course if conditions are affected by unforeseen circumstances – ie adverse weather)
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE?
Results will be published here by Monday 27th May @5pm for each event using the following age groups (Under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+). Swimmers wearing a wetsuit will be filtered for the results.
Wetsuits are allowed for this swim but swimming aids such as fins, snorkels pull boys are not allowed.
All swimmers will receive a swim pack. There will be no prizes for age group place getters. The organisers are keen to stress that their events are about encouraging more people to participate in open water swimming.
- Yoga – Free stretch yoga will be available prior to the event.
- Massage- Pre or post swim massage available – $10 for 10 minutes.
For complete event information including the event terms and conditions, venue facilities, parking information, extreme weather protocol and swim suit rules, please visit the Event Website here.
Updates relating to the swim can also be found on the Cairns Mudcrabs Facebook page.
iOceanSwim does not offer any refunds. Please contact Event Organisers directly if you wish to discuss a refund.
Are you looking for a social swim. Check out our social swim calendar here.